The Association is the leading voice in America for employee ownership through ESOPs, and devotes considerable time to creating and maintaining favorable ESOP legislation. In addition, The ESOP Association is a prime source for educational materials necessary for successful implementation and administration of an ESOP.
The Wisconsin Chapter of The ESOP Association is one of 18 state and regional chapters, and is among the Association’s most active and enthusiastic voices before Congress.
- The Association represents approximately 1400 ESOP companies.
- Approximately 200 of these companies are found in Wisconsin.
- Approximately 99% of ESOP Association members are private, closely-held companies. Approximately 99% of Wisconsin members are privately held.
- ESOPs exist in large and small business – 80% of Association members have less than 250 employees. In Wisconsin the average ESOP company has 138 employees.
- 55% of ESOP Association members report that their ESOPs have been in place for at least ten years. The average Wisconsin ESOP has been in place for 19 years.
- The average ownership of Association members’ ESOP is 65%.
ESOP companies in Wisconsin are, on average, 66% employee-owned, with 38% reporting being 100% employee-owned.
Information on this sheet was obtained from The ESOP Association and the Department of Labor.